The health and safety of our patients is our number one priority. We have always operated under extremely high standards of hygiene and sterilisation protocols but have recently implemented further measures to ensure we protect everyone’s health.
COVID-19 health and safety measures:
- All our staff are up to date with their COVID vaccinations, including boosters.
- We ask all our patients to comply with the indoor mask mandate. Our staff will endeavour to ensure masks are worn correctly.
- Your physiotherapist will wear an N95 mask or equivalent.
- We have updated our appointment reminder texts to include a message to stay home should you be unwell.
- Our reception staff will ask all patients screening questions for risk factors for COVID-19 on arrival. Please be aware if you are displaying COVID symptoms, you will likely be asked to rebook your appointment for when you are well.
- Hand sanitisation stations are available at the front entrance and in the waiting room.
- Chairs in the waiting room have been spaced apart to allow for distancing.
- Out of respect to yours and all our patient’s health we won’t shake your hand.
- All surfaces in the treatment room will be disinfected between patients.
- All surfaces outside the treatment room will be disinfected at regular intervals.
- We are using disposable (single use) face coverings on the treatment beds.
- Our staff undergo regular rapid antigen test surveillance testing.
- In line with government mandates, proof of vaccination is required for our hydrotherapy classes and for gym-based rehabilitation.
- All patients are asked to sign in using the Service WA or SafeWA app. Manual sign in is available.
- Lake Gwelup Physiotherapy is located inside Gwelup Medical Centre. As part of the Gwelup Medical Centre’s COVID safe plans, unvaccinated patients will be asked to wait outside for their appointments. Masks must be worn at all times. This request is for the safety of the large number of elderly and immunocompromised patients Gwelup Medical Centre tends to.
- Telehealth consultations are available for those who would prefer.